Sunday, August 28, 2011

Philosophy of Teaching

Teaching has always been a passion of mine ever since I was little. I cannot think of a time when I wanted to do anything else but teach. Since both of my parents are teachers, I got to experience at a young age what it takes to become a successful teacher. I have gotten to see first hand how much a teacher can change a student's life through the interaction between them.
It would be easy to say that I just chose this career path because of my parents; however, that is incorrect. Teaching has and always will be an infatuation of mine because I love every aspect of it. I love grading papers, decorating the classroom and bulletin boards, organizing the decks, papers and art supplies, and most of all I love teaching children. To see the moment when they finally understand is priceless.
I believe I possess the neccessary qualities to become a successful teacher. I am very organized and creative, honest and trustworthy. I work extremely hard on anything I do because even the thought of failing is not an option. I am very goal oriented and I will not stop until I reach the top and have achieved all the goals I have set for myself. I have a very caring and loving heart especially when it comes to children. I will do anything I can to see that children succeed. Although, having all of these qualitites are neccessary in becoming a good teacher, I think the most important quality is having an open heart and a passion for teaching. Teaching is not for everybody; you have to be a special person to become a great teacher and I think I am up for the challenge. Teachers can become significant role models in their student's lives, and to have just one student think that of me would be I accomplished my goal for teaching. Being a good teacher is a great honor, but having the ability to touch children's lives is the best gift of all.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea,
    What a great philosophy. I like the decision you made to teach from your own love of the profession and not based soley on your experiences growing up. I would love for you to add your philosophy on classroom diversity.
    Blessing
    JGarner

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be an awesome teacher!

    Being a person who actually enjoys doing the things teachers do is a great thing. You'll never really feel like you're working when you are doing something you love!

    ReplyDelete