Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Most Apprehensive About Teaching Lab in ESOL

As a person starts any new endeavor there are always many apprehensions that come along with this adventure. As I embark on my new journey with my teaching lab for ESOL I am most nervous about being able to write proper ESOL lesson plans. I feel confident in my ability to write lesson plans; however, adding the ESOL accomodations is somewhat of a struggle for me at this point. Although, as I progress in the lab I am hoping I learn how to write a proper lesson plan for an EL student. Another apprehension I have is, will I be able to connect with the students? In the past, I have had problems connecting with the children. Granted it has taken a day or so for the children to get used to me coming into their classroom, but since I have not worked with EL students before I hope that I will be able to bond with these children and build a relationship with them. Every time I go into these labs, I go into them with an open mind and this lab is no exception. I have a lot of goals set for myself with this lab that I want to accomplish because I have not taught ESOL before. I want to expand my teaching skills and learn more about this area in teaching. Eventhough I have a lot of emotions going into this lab, I am extremely excited to begin and see what lies ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment